Sunday, June 12, 2005

Progress Report

Title: Underneath

Update: Well, it's still about the things I think it's about...and MORE! I've been listening to my latest guru writing CD. (And while I"m at it, let me introduce myself: hi, I'm Martha, and I'm addicted BOTH to self-help books and writing advice books...until I get sick of them, give them away, and start all over again.)

I've done a logline, which seems to work.

I've done some brainstorming.

And I've written about seven pages.

What's it about? Hm. I realize that screenwriting 'bots are not perched in my computer, waiting to scoop the story up and take it to a producer, stripping me of credit. But let's just say it's about someone who doesn't want to be who she is, and gets mixed up with the wrong people because of it.

What's been working? I watched a really mediocre movie a couple of days ago, filled with good acting, and it so did enrage me, that I started working on the script again. The CD, which also has a book, has been helping, too. I'm very definitely not a Robert McKee person, though I know it would behoove me to read more Aristotle and stuff. STORY made my head hurt. Linda Seger much more my style.

What's not been working? Thinking about turning it into a novel. Which might happen anyway.

What's the juiciest part of the story? The character has problems with her eyeglasses.

No, I'm not kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home