Thursday, June 16, 2005

Sorta Progress Report: Seeing Diabolique

Well, I rented Diabolique because...I thought it was something like what I'm going for in this script.

And it is, and it isn't. It's been a way long time since I've seen it. So long, I've remembered it all wrong.

For those of you who've never seen it, it's about how two women, one, a tough-talking teacher, the other, her ex-nun headmistress boss, who conspire to kill a man: the headmistress' husband...who is also the teacher's lover.

What surprised me is how long it takes for the movie to get to the thriller part. What remains is just what a powerhouse actress Simone Signoret was...so willing to be disliked. So herself.

Did it teach me anything? Yes. Lots. But it wasn't the movie I remembered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home